A beautiful cased percussion Park rifle, built for a boy, with full silver mounts for Smiths patent caps by Samuel and Charles Smith, Princes Street Leicester Square London. Silver mounts are overall finely engraved throughout and complete with a round silver patch box. Silver hallmarks are for London, 1846, makers mark is SPM. The gun number is 5***, and there is an Indian stock number to the butt G939. The rifle has a multigrooved barrel of 100 Bore and the half stock is of birdseye Maple. It is contained within its green velvet lined mahogany case with original maker’s trade label and the full complement of accessories including bullet starter, Smiths patent nipple key, mould, flask and silk sling.
Provenance: The Maharaja of Jodhpur